The Finnish Association of Technical Journalists, Presstek ry, is a national organization, founded in 1978. The Association’s objectives include:
– acting as a collaborative body for technical journalists
– improving the quality of technical writing and communication about matters related to technology
– widening people’s awareness of technological developments.
In order to reach these objectives the Association
– promotes activities such as publishing, training and other areas of technical journalism
– organises events, presentations, meetings, excursions and informal gatherings
– acts as a body representing technical journalists in Finland as well as outside Finland
– proposes initiatives concerning publishing and editorial work and
– acts as a consultant and issues statements related to topical matters in its sector.
Presstek is entitled to receive contributions, grants and gifts to support its activities.